How does caviar boost immunity?
This year, we’ve all gotten a thorough refresher on best practices for reducing the spread of viral disease, from the most-effective hand-washing technique to the proper ratio of alcohol required in hand sanitizer. Whether it’s a typical cold and flu season or a period of unprecedented global threat, your best defense against viral illness is a healthy immune system – so it’s absolutely essential to maintain peak immune health.
The best way to improve immunity? A consistent and balanced diet with more nutrient-dense foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and other essential micro-elements. During the winter months, in particular, human immunity is reduced by vitamin deficiency and weather conditions. If you struggle to find the perfect nutritional balance or just want to supercharge your immune system, there’s one remedy that stands out – and it might surprise you.
Caviar boosts immunity due to its unique nutritional composition. Each element in caviar works individually and in synergy with one another and your body to promote and activate immune cells and activate the production of pathogen fighting proteins.
A Closer Look; Immune Boosting Components of Caviar?
1. Amino Acids
The amino acids found in caviar power the synthesis of immunoglobulins and interferons. As we learned in a previous article, immunoglobulins, and interferons are protective mechanisms employed by the immune system. Interferons are proteins produced by our cells, usually in response to the entry of a virus, in order to inhibit virus cells from replicating and perpetuating the spread of disease. Immunoglobulins are probably better known as antibodies – they are molecules made of carbohydrates and proteins produced by plasma cells (or white blood cells). Immunoglobulins act as a critical part of the immune response by specifically recognizing and binding to particular bacteria and/or viruses to destroy them within the body.
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Caviar is the number one source of bioactive omega-3 phospholipids on the planet due to its high concentration and immediate absorption of EPA and DHA. Wow, that was a mouthful! Let’s break down what that means.
- Remember that bioactive refers to a naturally occurring substance found in whole foods.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of healthy fat that positively impact specific processes in our immune and lymphatic systems.
- Phospholipids make up the cell membrane, which is the outer layer of a cell that shields it from its environment.
- EPA and DHA are two distinct types of omega-3s associated with fetal development, cardiovascular function, and Alzheimer’s disease. 
Okay, now read that first sentence again. Caviar is the number one source of naturally occurring omega-3s on the planet due to its high concentration and immediate absorption of two specific types of omega-3s that are known to positively impact cardiovascular function, among other benefits. Could there even be more to say? Actually, yes.
Studies show that omega-3 marine phospholipids and particularly DHA have a strong positive correlation on the activity of nine major immune cells. These include macrophages, neutrophils, B-cells, T-cells, dendritic cells, natural killer cells, mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils. For a complete rundown of each type of cell, check out this earlier post. These cells each play a fundamental role in our immune system, protecting us against pathogens. Omega-3s work with these specialized immune cells to enhance their respective capabilities and to recognize, kill, and clear viral and bacterial pathogens from the body faster while simultaneously decreasing inflammation.
Caviar contains a perfectly balanced and bioavailable (meaning readily absorbed by the body) composition of vitamins A, D, E, and B6, which all perform a crucial function in the immune response.
- Vitamin A regulates gastrointestinal and respiratory T-cells. Studies show that vitamin A deficiency can increase the chances of respiratory infections.
- Vitamin D affects inflammatory response and macrophage activity and has been found to decrease the risk of autoimmune disease and infections.
- Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant that significantly reduces inflammation and heals damaged tissue.
- Vitamin B6 supports a strong immune system by building red blood cells, aiding in the distribution of oxygen throughout the bloodstream. A vitamin B6 deficiency can cause anemia, confusion, depression, irritability, and more.
Caviar’s naturally balanced mineral composition, which includes magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, phosphorous, iodine, and selenium, works together to power up the immune system.
- Magnesium plays an important role in muscle and nerve function, energy production, protein synthesis, blood glucose control, and blood pressure regulation.
- Iron helps build red blood cells to carry oxygen from the lungs to the cells.
- Zinc and copper decrease the risk of infection by affecting immunomodulatory cells (not as complicated as it sounds – immuno refers to a cell in the immune system and modulatory means the cell has the ability to modify some process or function of the immune system).
- Phosphorus is a component of bones, teeth, and our genetic material such as DNA.
- Iodine assists the lymphatic system in producing thyroid hormones, which control the body’s metabolism, brain function, and more. 
- Selenium helps your body make a type of protein called antioxidant enzymes, which play a role in preventing cell damage, plus reproduction, thyroid hormone metabolism, and DNA synthesis. 
5. Stress Response
Caviar contains a particular type of amino acid called tryptophan, which is necessary for mental and physical health. Serotonin, known as the happiness hormone, is synthesized from tryptophan. Serotonin affects various physiological functions, including the work of the heart and nervous system as well as the quality of sleep. Because all the components of our bodies work in tandem to keep us alive and healthy, it should come as no surprise that diminished cardiovascular, sleep, or nervous function will reduce the efficacy of the immune system.
Without proper levels of serotonin, we experience symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue, and decreased concentration. These are symptoms indicating a stress response, which causes a major decline in immunity.
With current levels of stress, anxiety, and fear trending toward record highs, human behavioral experts have been asking for years whether we are reaching the point of an “anxiety epidemic” – and that was before the…unique challenges posed by 2020. It’s more important than ever before to focus on balancing our nervous systems and maintaining high levels of “happy neurotransmitters” like serotonin and dopamine. Stress and fear are seemingly becoming increasingly unavoidable, so giving our brain chemicals a little TLC is crucial for staying healthy.
The caviar you need now
In light of our current global situation, it’s more important than ever to have access to a clean, wild-caught, immune-boosting source of caviar.
Cavi Pur offers the cleanest-sourced wild-caught caviar on the planet. Our caviar is sustainably gathered from the immaculate cold, pelagic waters of the North Sea in Norway. Each batch is not only tested for nutrient content, but is also always tested for potential toxicity including heavy metals, viruses, and bacteria. We use a unique technology to make this powerful immune-boosting food shelf-stable and encapsulated for easy daily consumption. Even better, you can get it delivered to your doorstep with just one click.
Eat pure caviar supplements such as Cavi Boost Immunity and maintain high levels of health and immune wellness – today and every day.